Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Web and WebWorks Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB10
My Carrier: RIM

window.blackberry "an undefined property" in Dojo application on BB10 device

Hi all,

I'm installing a sample application of Dojo "DojoAppDetails" in my BB10 device using ripple extension of Chrome. Sample app is available over here: https://github.com/blackberry/BB10-WebWorks-Community-Samples/tree/master/DojoAppDetails 

I'm not getting app details in the About screen. I debugged the code & the cause is:

window.blackberry property comes undefined. Hence blackberry.app.author etc details also comes undefined.

Anyone knows the solution or the work around? I also tried window.navigator property. but it won't help as it gives details about the browser and not on the application.

Thanks in advance !!

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: window.blackberry "an undefined property" in Dojo application on BB10 device

[ Edited ]

Can you check if you have referenced your webworks.js file correctly? Usually an error such as this occurs when the extensions can't be loaded and we can't create the blackberry name space for you.

Unfortunately the link you posted has an index file with a link to "webworks" file as <script src="webworks-1.0.1.5.js"></script>

You should take the latest webworks out of your packager and put it in the root of your zip file. Then change this link to point to that file. Re-package and you should be on your way!

Let me know if you need more help!

@erikjohnzon
erjohnson@blackberry.com