Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

My Device: B/Berry 8900 Curve Vodafone UK

Hey all! Journalism graduate here with new szazzy Blackberry

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone Smiley Happy Let me introduce myself...  Smiley Happy

My name is Neil Robinson and I am 21, from Swindon, Wiltshire UK.

I decided to go for my first Blackberry this week, the 8900 Curve on Vodafone. (Unlimited Net £35 a month). I am a recent Journalism Graduate, so thought this might be a good investment for the long term for when I FINALLY get a career after the recession.

I am very impressed so far, I am glad I picked this over the iPhone, I just love the full QWERTY kb. It makes such a difference. Only problems I have had so far are with App World, (I am sure your all familiar with it! lol),  and Facebook. The current version of Facebook, available on App World, is terrible. My old Nokia N82 had a better application for it. Facebook on the Blackberry looks like it's made in the style of Fisher Price. Smiley Very Happy  The font is all big, it loads slow and it is difficult to navigate. I am incredibly disappointed about that!  Facebook is the application I use most of all as well. Smiley Sad I'd really like an older version if possible. A lot of people have complained about it this week from what I have read up about it!

If anyone wants to add me to their Blackberry messenger, I'd love a new friend to chat with Smiley Happy  Is it ok to give out Blackberry IDs on here?   If anyone wants to post theirs, then I'll add you.. Would be cool to have some random chats when we're bored! Smiley Very Happy

My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Hey all! Journalism graduate here with new szazzy Blackberry

Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101 Tips & Tricks

Be sure to check out:   8900 Forum

And try a battery pull if your BB is running slow.  Pull the battery out with the device ON. Wait about a minute and put the battery back in. Let the BB completely restart and see if that doesn't help. Clears out the memory and refreshes the BB; like rebooting your pc.
When you have anomalous behavior in your BB a battery pull often helps to clear it up too.

Happy to have you here! Smiley Very Happy

Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

WelcSmiley Happyme to the cSmiley Happymmunity suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Follow NurseBerry08 on Twitter
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Hi and welcome to the forums. Smiley Very Happy

Enjoy your stay with us!

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi neiluk09,

Welcome to BlackBerry support community forums. We're glad to have you in the community.

Have fun and enjoy your stay!

If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit