Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Hi I'm Bifocals!

Ok, cut the new guy some slack.  It would appear that there are no dumb questions, only dumb ways to ask questions.  Once again, I apologize for the multiple posts.  I asked all four times before getting any answers.
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Phil, please see my response on the jmrmb post!  WelcSmiley Happyme to the forums!

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

philsmith wrote:
Ok, cut the new guy some slack.  It would appear that there are no dumb questions, only dumb ways to ask questions.  Once again, I apologize for the multiple posts.  I asked all four times before getting any answers.

I suspect the community will give you a break this time... Smiley Happy 

Welcome to the Forums - I am sure you will get the help you need here.  Although sometimes could take an hour or two (especially if Bifocals is away! )

<

-mk

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

MichelleK wrote: 

Welcome to the Forums - I am sure you will get the help you need here.  Although sometimes could take an hour or two (especially if Bifocals is away! )

That's actually a really good point, Michelle...those of us who volunteer here are in and out all the time. With a little luck, one of us is here all the time...but no guarantee. What happens is that, when we slip in and out, we can easily forget that we may have already handled something that was double posted...and then, when we come back, we wind up spending time on something we've already taken care of (to the detriment of others who are also waiting for answers).

philsmith -- I do apologize if I came across as frustrated...which, to be honest, I was...trying to keep up with things here amidst all of the rest of life can be challenging in the best of circumstances. My main intent was to make sure that others who help out here would see that your question had already been answered elsewhere...so that they'd be spared spending time on something already dealt with. But, I did not communicate that as well as I could have. Shame on me.

Message Edited by sdgardne on 06-07-2009 01:28 PM

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

philsmith wrote:

Hi Phil,

I should have asked you to post in the correct forum, instead of saying I'd get back to you.

As far as asking the same question 4 times, well just consider it a gentle lesson in "forum decorum"! Smiley Wink

Just like G.I. Joe..Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

Smiley Very Happy

I see Sgardene and Xandrex helped you in the correct thread...Two of the best!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

MichelleK wrote:

(BLUSH) Smiley Wink

Bifocals

Message Edited by Bifocals on 06-07-2009 11:33 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Bifocals wrote:

MichelleK wrote:

(BLUSH) Smiley Wink

Bifocals

Message Edited by Bifocals on 06-07-2009 11:33 PM

Bifocls...don't knotty again...ha ha ha! Michelle will bcome angry....

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Retired
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Rogers

Bifocls...don't knotty again...ha ha ha! Michelle will bcome angry....

Have I ever been angry? Smiley Mad LOL Smiley Happy

<

-mk

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor

Moved to the BlackBerry 8900 Series Smartphone - BlackBerry Curve Forum

Highlighted
Contributor

Bifocals wrote:

Investing the time to learn your device and make it work for you instead of against you will prove invaluable.

Welcome to all!

Hello! I must say that I completely concur with this sentiment. It took me two months toget myself to this forum, but in the 24 hours that I have been a member, I have already fixed several issues I had with my Storm (some of which were created just because I didn't have the info in front of me) and found some cool features that I didn't even know existed!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Blackberry Storm has become a useful business tool, but it doesn't keep my office clean. For that, I turn to an outstanding San Diego janitorial services company.