Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 (Bold 9700)
My Carrier: CELCOM (AXIATA) MALAYSIA

Hi New BB Bold 9700 User From Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Smiley Sad

Hi all,

I'm Hasrul a new BB user prev from WinMo 6.1/6.5 waiting for a polished Mobile OS. Hwever, still maintain my Nokia E71/E72 Series phone due to the features and softwares availability here in Malaysia is rather impressive (even though not as impressive as iPhone, as it is much more impressive in its fast and swift action to cater for Malaysian increasing Users)

SPECIAL To Mr/Msrs Admin,

To my surprise..... I've recently found out that until now (until BB 9700 is introduced) there's NO BB APPWORLD available for MALAYSIA. Are we living in the prehistoric era now? I've seen that Singapore and Indonesia wld be able to download.

What u guys in BB are doin? Have u ever heard that PayPal also accepted in MALAYSIA for God Sake. U got a lot of users in Malaysia - and still growing - but then by treating us like this and certainly u wld lose yr customers - I'd tend to choose iPhone over the extensive app base and offered even to MALAYSIA residents - if there's no appreciative move from RIM on the APPWORLD approach. y r u restricting us by the way?

Hopefully, u guys wld open yr eyes and yr heart to widen the BB APPWORLD to us in order for us to maximise the use of our BB, its BB9700 already...come on guys u can do better than that... 

Hopefully , u wld urgently make a move to expand the AppWorld to MALAYSIA subscriber as well.

Apologize if any sentences above wld sound harsh. I'm just voicing out our frustration on the matter.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: Hi New BB Bold 9700 User From Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Hi and welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101     Tips & Tricks

Also be sure to visit:  The 9700 Forum

Just to set the expectation properly -- these forums are a user-to-user support channel, not a user-to-RIM conduit. As such, it is unlikely that they will see what you have written. However, if you have specific and constructive ideas for them, I have heard that they accept such via email to bbsuggestions@rim.com.

Front line support for BB's is, by contract, not provided by RIM. The carriers and authorized resellers are responsible for front line formal support to end users. It is possible to bypass your carrier and seek assistance direct from RIM, but such involves fees since you are bypassing your support agreement with your carrier. The "Support and Services" tab toward the top of these forum pages provide information about that. But, if you do go through your carrier for support, they can escalate into RIM at no fee to you if they so choose to.

Let us know how it goes.

Happy to have you here! Smiley Very Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Developer
My Device: BOLD 9700 OS5.0.0.x on Rogers Canada
My Carrier: Rogers

Glad to have you as a part of this ever-expanding multi-cultural community! I hope we can help with whatever issues you might encounter.

~Dom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
chown -R us ./base
~J!NX
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

WelcSmiley Happyme to the cSmiley Happymmunity suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums

Glad you are here! 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi neojutawan,

Welcome to BlackBerry support community forums.

My country deosn't support app world too! but happy have BlackBerry device and actively using it. No worrier for you in any future date you'll find the app world support available i your country. In this forum we all love BlackBerry...the most precious device...adn we don't to compare it with anything as it's UN-COMPARABLE! Smiley Happy Hope you understand what we mean!!

Have fun and enjoy your stay!

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Smiley Very Happy Hi and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums. Smiley Very Happy

Enjoy your stay with us!

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V