Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

Introducing, Whackberry

[ Edited ]

Hello,
My name is Tara. I've started a blog about Blackberry that mainly discusses software design issues. My project is to email RIM weekly with my observations and suggestions. I'm also going to post my entries here. Hopefully you will find them interesting, and they will lead to a positive change. You can read more on my blog.

More about my mission:

Since my first day as a User, little things about the software bugged me. As more and more issues came up, I became increasingly frustrated. It was when these frustrations started surfacing visibly (twitch in my right eye, expletive outbursts, crying in my sleep) I knew I needed therapy. So I started keeping a list. I found this very therapeutic; once I added something to my "BlackBerry Flaws" note, I felt a wonderful calm. At peace, even. The list is now several hundred lines long.
I'm not expressing the concerns of old people (age 45 and above) here. They don't know how to use phones to begin with and probably miss all of the finer points discussed on this blog. But hey, ignorance is bliss. I am here to discuss what is driving droves of young adults away from the Blackberry and into the waiting (steel and glass) arms of the Android and the iPhone.

This isn't a tech blog. I haven't done real research, I'm not an authority on semi-conductors, I don't know code, and I'm not doing an exhaustive study of how to comprehensively restructure Blackberry's software. In my case, that would probably end up being an Android with BBM anyway. My purpose is to inform RIM of the glaring errors in the BlackBerry that I simply can't understand how they allowed to be released to the public. The issues I point out will mainly be problems that exist in the current software, I won't be discussing every feature I would love to see on the BlackBerry. Not all goals are realistic, after all.

My project is to send RIM one Matchstick Message per week (at help@rim.com... mahaha), describing one problem I see with the existing BlackBerry software. Some problems will be glaring inadequacies, others will be a matter of semantics, but all have kept me up at night. I hope this encourages RIM to hire an extra engineer or two, or at least that I provide the existing engineers with a few laughs and break from playing World of Warcraft (I heard it can get addicting).

Sincerely,

Tara Raffi

Enthusiast

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Introducing, Whackberry

Hi Tara,

Welcome to BlackBerry support community forums.

If you have any specific queries regarding BlackBerry devices and its features/usages then post it appropriate board of the forum. This will be answered by the volunteers support members of the forum...may be some cool idea(s) will be picked by the RIM moderators/administrators. Answering your quires by reading the your blog will not be feasible for most of us. I hope you understand that. Please make sure that right queries are posted in the right board.

Have fun and enjoy your stay!

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit