Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Introductions for a new member

Hello Irwinll,

Thank you for your message, I currently have a 8900 and a 8120 as one is my work phone and one is my personal one. I used to have a storm, well I will say no more on that one Smiley Happy

What Blackberry do you have?

Every Success Solidus

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Solidus wrote:

Hello Irwinll,

Thank you for your message, I currently have a 8900 and a 8120 as one is my work phone and one is my personal one. I used to have a storm, well I will say no more on that one Smiley Happy

What Blackberry do you have?

Every Success Solidus

Morning Solidus -

I have a Curve 8330 and just love it.  Used to be a Palm guy (10 years) and made the jump earlier this year.  No looking back now; even with the advent of the Pre.  I hope you have had the time to roam the forums.  There's one for every BB model and there are helpful people in each forum who are here to help when anyone has questions and/or issues.

You will also find the search box (upper left in the forums) is a tremendous asset to be able to use.  It will allow you to search for information already posted in previous threads. Yet another great place is the Blackberry Technical Solution Center  BTSC .  There you have acces to Blackberry Knowledge Base articles.

So good to have you and all the other new users with us.  Make sure to bookmark us and come back regularly. Smiley Very Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Welcome to the forums!!

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900

Does MobileBanking continue to run in the background unless I exit?  Seems like my battery really dropped.  And I quess that if I want to use this application I will have to patiently wait to redownload and then activate each time.  Seems to be a new application, and, admittedly I'm new to blackberry.  So far, I am very impressed with the technology.  Dave R.

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi Solidus,

Welcome to the World of BlackBerry. This is a grate place to learn many things regarding BlackBerry. Have fun and enjoy.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

BigSwig - any applications that you do not specifically close (menu-scroll down to 'close') will remain open in the background and drain your battery.  The more you leave open, the faster your battery will drain and, over time, the more sluggish your BB will get as system resources are used up.  Couple of things to do:

1. Get in the habit of going to browser-menu-options-cache operations-clear content cache (this will clean your device memory thereby giving your BB more resources to work within.

2.  Periodically check your File Free number (options-status will give you the file free; it shouldn't get below 15000000 bytes)

3.  Pull the battery out with the device ON. Wait about a minute and put the battery back in. Let the BB completely restart and see if that doesn't help. Clears out the memory and refreshes the BB; like rebooting your pc.

There is also a free app called Quickpull that will do this without your having to actually pull the battery. Check it out here: Quickpull

I have mine set to restart every morning at 4:30 so my BB is refreshed and ready to go each day. Sometimes, however, a real battery pull seems to do an even better job such as when you have installed any 3rd party apps or when your BB just feels sluggish from prolonged use (like posting in these forums Smiley Very Happysmileyhappy:.
When you have anomalous behavior in your BB a battery pull often helps to clear it up too.

4. If the Mobile Banking app still isn't working as you like after the battery pull, try accessing your bank via their mobile website; often accessed through www.m.bankname.com

Let us know how it goes.  Smiley Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900

thanks for all the assistance, especially Irwin.  I printed out the suggestions.  Have a wonderful day.  Dave R.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

HI,

I'm a new member and I'm new to BB. I have a Bold 9700 with T-mobile USA. To be perfectly honest, I was an Android user since the release day of the G1, and I bought this BB just because it has UMA with TMobile. I couldn't get a signal in my house hardly at all so I got the BB. I figured I'd use it until android came out with UMA (witch they have) or I could buy a signal booster or something but after using it for a month or two, I don't want Android back. Even with UMA. This phone is everything I want and more. So I sold the two Android phones I had here and I've really gotten into this BB.!! Sometimes late at night I'll start playing with the settings and reading how to things on the web and 2 or 3 hours go back so fast.. lol

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

OH and By the way. @ IrwinII . Thanks so much for your post on how to clean the cache and stuff, it was incredibly helpful!!!  Smiley Very Happy 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi Kn0t,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new device. You'll find lots of awesome community members here who have a love for BlackBerry and are extremely knowledgeable. If you have any questions along the way, please just ask Smiley Happy

Enjoy your stay,

^KB

Community Manager

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!