Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB 9650 v6.0.0.436
My Carrier: US Cellular

Oops I missed this! Howdy

I have been here a few weeks and asking several questions but I guess I missed seeing this section. On one of the boards I belong to and help set up many years ago I would have received a major NO GO at this station and been told to go back and start over before I got an answer to anything.

My name is Ed, I got my BB 8530 from US Cellular just over a month ago. Liked it so much that I ended up talking the whole family into going with a BB. Now everyone of us (4 to be exact) has a BB 8530) and 1 BB 9630 Tour (the Mrs had to be different).

I am bit OCD on being organized and wish I would have got myself one of these things ages ago. Prior service US Army Paratrooper, now a Disabled Veteran and the Department (State) Commander for the Military Order of the Purple Heart of Kansas.

STRIKE HOLD!
Land of the Free Because of the Brave!
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: Oops I missed this! Howdy

Hi and welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101      Tips & Tricks

And don't forget to visit: 8500 Series   and   The Tour Forum

Let us know how your are doing and if you have any questions/issues; search in the forum (search box at top right of page) Can't find what you're looking for? Start your own thread. Other users will be there to help.

A little OCD?  That can be a good thing.  Remember to backup your device regularly using DM and sync with Outlook if that is what you use.  Also remember to close apps correctly (menu-close) so you don't eat up device memory and drain battery.

Just be sure to keep coming back. Happy to have you here! Smiley Very Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Regular Contributor
My Device: BB 9650 v6.0.0.436
My Carrier: US Cellular

Thanks Irwin, question in reference to the forums. If it is my issue but I find it in someone else's thread do I leave it open?

STRIKE HOLD!
Land of the Free Because of the Brave!
Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Welcome, Ed! Smiley Happy

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

WelcSmiley Happyme to the cSmiley Happymmunity suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums to you AND your family!!  

My son and I both have BlackBerries and many at my work now!! They are awesome devices!  

Glad you are here! 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: Curve 8300
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi Ed!

Welcome to the forums!  I am glad you came back and introduced yourself.  What a great story and hope the family enjoys their new devices!  Smiley Happy

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Smiley Very Happy Hi and welcome to the BTSC forums. Smiley Very Happy

Enjoy your stay with us!

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Developer
My Device: BOLD 9700 OS5.0.0.x on Rogers Canada
My Carrier: Rogers

Glad to have you aboard. in response to your question, you can only accept a solution to a Thread that you've started. Kudos can be given to anyone you want, but the original poster (OP) has to close the Thread.

You'll find me most often in the Java Development section of the forums. See you around!

~Dom

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
chown -R us ./base
~J!NX
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hello and welcome to BlackBerry support community forums.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

evanvickle wrote:

Thanks Irwin, question in reference to the forums. If it is my issue but I find it in someone else's thread do I leave it open?

DAquilina answered that one for you.  Great if you found the answer to your question.  Searching the forums in the first step in finding solutions.  You'll be amazed at how much other information you will find and read about along the way.  If you cannot find the solution you are seeking, then it is time to start your own thread so we may focus on your issue.

If you're not the original poster (OP) you cannot solve that thread.  Be sure to keep coming back.  Smiley Very Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.