Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Welcome & Introductions

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Navigating the forums

Hi... Well, I can't seem to find a good place that lists the categories and subcategories of the info.

Today I think I've managed to get myself lodged in the Storm section so I'm not getting all those lovely helpful hints about using the 'shift' and 'alt' keys.

But i still seem to have to go through long lists of questions, page after page, before finding one that seems to address one of my issues. Then when I click on one of the questions and review the info there, if I want to return to the list of topics, I'm sent back to the beginning... page 1 of 1318 or so. And no apparent way to go to anything beyond page 3 without going all the way to the last page.

I've tagged a couple of entries that have issues I may want to explore later; but have no idea how to find a list of my tagged items.

I'm sure there are more problems I've had; but can't think of them now.

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Navigating the forums

More navigation issues:

when I tried the site map at the bottom of the page, it took me out of the forums and into another BBy place altogether.

When I try to go to new topics or new posts, that takes me out of the Storm section.

When I try to search for a topic I want to see in the  Board box at the top, it always tells me there's nothing under my search word, no matter how broad I try to make it.

There's so much info here, and I just don't have time to read through it all to get to answers to my questions. When you try starting at the pages for newbies, you get all sorts of welcome messages from people offering no information, just causing pages of lines to go through before getting to anything else.

Am I just dense, or what?

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Hi, I am new to this forum (and website) and I'm finding it difficult to navigate as well. I'm still trying to figure out my Personal Profile: signature?, title? I have also had the experience of having to sign in several times (although I haven't signed out) when I use the site map or go to the Technical Solution Center. Trying to get back to the Lounge, encountered a page with a link to the Lounge. When I clicked on the link, the next page said that the link was invalid. That made me realize that I'm probably not dense but that the site may not be user friendly. It would help if there was a basic guide to the Lounge including a glossary of terms, Or maybe I just haven't found it yet. Still hopeful.... Catberry
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

BBy4Sid wrote:

Hi... Well, I can't seem to find a good place that lists the categories and subcategories of the info.

Today I think I've managed to get myself lodged in the Storm section so I'm not getting all those lovely helpful hints about using the 'shift' and 'alt' keys.

I cannot remember what BB you have, but I'm assuming you want to be in the Storm Forum?  There is always the "Go to" link at the top right of the page.

But i still seem to have to go through long lists of questions, page after page, before finding one that seems to address one of my issues. Then when I click on one of the questions and review the info there, if I want to return to the list of topics, I'm sent back to the beginning... page 1 of 1318 or so. And no apparent way to go to anything beyond page 3 without going all the way to the last page.

Here I am presumming you have searched a forum for an answer and gotten "too many" threads to cull through.  You can sort them by date/time to get the more recent threads/responses at the top of the the listing.  Or have you tried using the advanced search to try and narrow down your searches?

I've tagged a couple of entries that have issues I may want to explore later; but have no idea how to find a list of my tagged items.

By tagged do you mean bookmarked?  If so, your bookmarked threads will show up in the "go to" drop down menu.

I'm sure there are more problems I've had; but can't think of them now.

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Forums Veteran III

BBy4Sid wrote:

More navigation issues:

when I tried the site map at the bottom of the page, it took me out of the forums and into another BBy place altogether.

Yep, this will take you to the site map for the Blackberry webpage - writ large.  You can get back to the BSCF under the Support & Services section.

When I try to go to new topics or new posts, that takes me out of the Storm section.

The new topics/new posts link covers the entire BSCF site so you can see what is newly posted.  Each new thread does show the board/forum it is posted in.  Within the Storm forum, the newest threads/post should be at the top of page 1.  Make sure you have My settings-preferences-topic layout set to default (newest first to oldest for this to work)

When I try to search for a topic I want to see in the  Board box at the top, it always tells me there's nothing under my search word, no matter how broad I try to make it.

When you search make sure you are searching within the body of the threads and not just the subject line.  Advanced search can help narrow your search parameters.  Be as specific as you can without limiting the scope of your search.  You can always start  your own thread too! Smiley Wink

There's so much info here, and I just don't have time to read through it all to get to answers to my questions. When you try starting at the pages for newbies, you get all sorts of welcome messages from people offering no information, just causing pages of lines to go through before getting to anything else.

Are you looking in the Welcome & Introductions forum?  That is really just for that; welcomes & introductions.  Keep to the forum specific for your device or maybe try the forums for BB desktop or device software if that is more specific to your question.

Am I just dense, or what?

Nah, just takes getting used to.  And keep coming back.  I hope I helped.

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Forums Veteran III

catberry wrote:
Hi, I am new to this forum (and website) and I'm finding it difficult to navigate as well. I'm still trying to figure out my Personal Profile: signature?, title? I have also had the experience of having to sign in several times (although I haven't signed out) when I use the site map or go to the Technical Solution Center. Trying to get back to the Lounge, encountered a page with a link to the Lounge. When I clicked on the link, the next page said that the link was invalid. That made me realize that I'm probably not dense but that the site may not be user friendly. It would help if there was a basic guide to the Lounge including a glossary of terms, Or maybe I just haven't found it yet. Still hopeful.... Catberry

You may not be able to adjust your profile/signature until you become a member.  It's been so long I cannot remember for certain.  Smiley Sad   And we just love new members.  Smiley Very Happy

This may also be the cause of your problems when visiting the site map (BB website, not just the Community Forums) or the BTSC (BB Tech Solution Center).  Instead of the site map, use the "Go to" drop down menu at the upper right to move between boards in the forums.

You can get to the Owner's Lounge by using the link at the extreme upper right of the forums page.

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101 Tips & Tricks

Happy to have you here! Smiley Very Happy   I hope that helps.

IrwinII
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi BBy4Sid  & catberry,

Welcome to BlackBerry support community forums.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Hi, Irwinll -

Thanks for your response.  I think there is so much here that I just haven't browsed enough yet.  Time is tight for me at work and home right now, so I haven't had much time to explore in depth.  I plan to take a class on Blackberry Basics that my phone/internet service provider offers at a nearby mall, and that may answer some of my questions.  I will explore the areas of this site that you suggested, and  work up a list of questions to check out on BB answers.  I'm excited about the phone and about this forum.  I appreciate your help!

Catberry

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

WelcSmiley Happyme to the cSmiley Happymmunity suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums catbury! 

glad you are here!

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Hi Catberry!  Smiley Happy

Sorry you're so busy at work, but we aren't going anywhere.  We'll be here when you need us.

Find the forum for your BB and just poke around.  You'll be amazed at what you can pick up knowledge-wise just by reading any of the threads.  If you're like me, everything you read will prompt another question in your mind.  When that happens, just search (search box at upper right) and see what you find.  Smiley Surprised

That'll lead to another question and on and on and on.........   Have a blast.  Smiley Tongue

And just keep coming back.  Smiley Very Happy

IrwinII