This article applies to the following:
- BlackBerry® Tablet OS 1.0.7+
BlackBerry Tablet applications will use one of the following transport routes when an application attempts to make a socket or HTTP connection. Transport routes are listed by order of preference and the first available route is used. The transport selection differs between applications load using public App World and Enterprise App World (work and personal perimeters).
- Wi-Fi® connection of BlackBerry Tablet
- Bluetooth® Tethered Connection
- Wi-Fi connection of BlackBerry Smartphone connected via BlackBerry® Bridge™
- Carrier/direct TCP connection of BlackBerry Smartphone connected via BlackBerry Bridge
- BlackBerry Internet Service - Browsing of BlackBerry Smartphone connected via BlackBerry Bridge
Enterprise App World
- BlackBerry Mobile Fusion over Wi-Fi
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server over BlackBerry Bridge*
* - Requires the same account configured in BlackBerry Mobile Fusion on a BlackBerry Tablet and BlackBerry Enterprise Server on a BlackBerry Smartphone.