This article applies to the following:
- BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator
When using the BlackBerry® Smartphone Simulator, artifacts can appear on the screen. This could cause some areas of the simulator to fail to redraw correctly (figure 1) or parts of the simulator may fail to draw at all (figure 2).
1. Your computers graphics card and/or graphics driver does not support the graphics acceleration required by the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator.
2. If using Windows 7, the Aero interface is disabled.
1. Update the drivers for your graphics card.
2. If using Windows 7, enable the Aero interface.
If neither of the options resolve the issue you can disable graphics acceleration support in the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator. To do so click on the View menu in the simulator, choose Graphics Acceleration and try lower levels until you no longer experience any visual artifacts.