This article applies to the following:
- BlackBerry® PlayBook OS
- BlackBerry® PlayBook™ Simulator
- BlackBerry® Tablet OS SDK for Adobe® AIR®
- BlackBerry® WebWorks™ SDK for PlayBook OS
- BlackBerry® 10 WebWorks™ SDK
- BlackBerry SDK for Android™ Apps
For AIR Developers
The BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR provides a user interface for the command line tools that can be used to build, sign and deploy Adobe AIR applications to a BlackBerry Tablet. These tools integrate into Adobe® Flash Builder®, which provides an easy to use graphical interface.
Developers without Flash Builder may find the command line only version of these tools inconvienient to use. The BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical Aid has been created to provide these developers with an easy to use graphical interface that calls out to the command line tools.
For WebWorks Developers
The BlackBerry WebWorks SDK for PlayBook OS allows web and mobile web developers to use the SDK in combination with their development tooling of choice to develop, test and package up their web applications as BlackBerry WebWorks applications for tablets.
Developers without an automated build system to integrate with may prefer a graphical interface to build their WebWorks applications. The BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical Aid provides a user friendly interface for building WebWorks applications for the BlackBerry Tablet OS.
For Android Developers
The BlackBerry PlayBook for Android Development Tools is an Eclipse plug-in that provides the ability to check your Android application package for compatibility, test and debug using a BlackBerry PlayBook or BlackBerry PlayBook simulator and repackage it into a BAR file for distribution.
The BlackBerry SDK for Android apps is a set of command line tools that provide similar features. The BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical Aid found on this page is a graphical front end that can be used with the BlackBerry SDK for Android apps. However, we do recommend using the BlackBerry PlayBook for Android Development Tools over this because of the conventient integration it offers with the development tool used to create Android applications.
This tool is provided in three forms.
- BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical Aid Flash Builder Project.zip - The source code of this application in Flash Builder project form.
- BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical Aid Eclipse Project.zip - The source code of this application in Eclipse® project form.
- BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical Aid Windows Installer.zip - A compilied version of this application in Windows® exe form.
- BlackBerry Tablet OS Graphical Aid - Mac OS Installer.zip - A compilied version of this application in Apple drg form.