BlackBerry® Smartphone Simulators
BlackBerry® MDS-CS Simulator
The default route used by the BlackBerry® Browser in the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator was changed in version 6.0. Prior to version 6.0, the MDS-CS Simulator was required when using the BlackBerry Browser in a BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator. In version 6.0, the BlackBerry Browser in the BlackBerry smartphone simulator will attempt to connect directly to the destination web site, bypassing the MDS-CS Simulator. This removes the MDS-CS Simulator as a requirement.
However, you may wish to continue to route your browser connections through the MDS-CS Simulator to allow the use of a proxy server or to take advantage of its logging capabilities.
Steps to Enable
1. Modify the batch file and/or command used to start the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator, appending the following command where the IP address refers to the IP address used by machine running the MDS-CS Simulator.
2. Start the MDS-CS Simulator. Wait until it is fully started.
3. Launch the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator.
4. Open the connection settings in the BlackBerry smartphone simulator and turn off the Wi-Fi® radio.
5. In the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator go to Options -> Service Book.
6. Delete the TCP service books listed by highlighting them and choose Delete from the menu (these may not exist in all simulators).
7. Use the browser.