This article applies to the following:
- BlackBerry® NDK
- BlackBerry® Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR
- BlackBerry® WebWorks SDK
- BlackBerry® SDK for Android Apps
The follow error is displayed when creating a debug token or signing an application.
The certificate is expired
Developer Certificates (.p12 file) created using pre 1.0 beta releases of the BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR created Developer Certificates with an expiry date 6 months in the future. Using an expired certificate can trigger this error.
Developer Certificates created with current versions of the development tools listed above have an expiry date set 25 years into the future. You can resolve this error by creating new Developer Certificate. Creating only a new Developer Certificate will not cause an application upgrade to appear as a new, separate application as long as you do not unregister or delete your existing RIM Code Signing Keys (RIM Signing Authority, CSJ files). Continue for steps on creating a Developer Certificate from an IDE or command line.
Steps to Create a new Developer Certificate Using GUI Of:
- BlackBerry NDK
- Flash Builder with BlackBerry Tablet OS SDK for Adobe AIR
- Android SDK with BlackBerry SDK for Android Apps
- Click on the Window menu
- Choose Preferences
- Expand BlackBerry
- Click on Signing
- Click the Create Certificate... button under the Developer Certificate heading
- Enter your Author name and Password and click OK.
Steps to Create a new Developer Certificate from the Command Line:
- Locate and rename your previous Developer Certificate. See list below for default locations.
- Use the following command to create a new Developer Certificate.
blackberry-keytool -genkeypair -storepass create_a_password -dname "cn=your_company_name"
Default Developer Certificate Locations
- Windows® XP: %HOMEPATH%\Local Settings\Application Data\Research In Motion\author.p12
- Windows Vista® and Windows 7®: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Research In Motion\author.p12
- Mac OS: ~/Library/Research In Motion/author.p12
- Unix / Linux: ~/.rim/author.p12