This article applies to the following:
- BlackBerry® Java® Development Environment (BlackBerry JDE)
When trying to register the BlackBerry JDE signature key CSI files, you may receive the following error:
This Signature Tool has already been registered with this signer.
If you are attempting to register with the same signer twice, you will overwrite the previous registration.
Please try again.
You may have previous sigtool.csk, sigtool.set, or sigtool.db files still present in the bin folder of the BlackBerry JDE installation (for example, c:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.x.x\bin).Due to file virtualization these files may not be visible in Windows® Explorer or when searching the bin folder.
To resolve this issue, complete the following:
- Using Windows Explorer, locate the BlackBerry JDE bin folder, which is usually located in Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.x.x\bin.
- If you are using Windows Vista™, click the Compatibility Files button to show any files hidden through file virtualization.
- Delete any sigtool.* files.
- Try registering your new BlacKBerry JDE signature key CSI files again.