This article applies to the following:
- BlackBerry® Java® Development Environment (BlackBerry JDE)
- BlackBerry® JDE Plug-in for Eclipse®
- BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator
To set the Keypad Locale field in the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator to match the current keyboard type (for example, AZERTY or QWERTY), complete the following steps:
- In the BlackBerry JDE, click Edit and select Preferences.
In the BlackBerry JDE Plug-in for Eclipse, click the arrow beside the Debug icon, and then select Debug Configurations. Expand BlackBerry Simulator and click a simulator entry. The default entry is DebugServer.
- On the Simulator tab, click the General tab.
- On the General tab, locate the Keypad Locale field and type one of the following items:
- de represents the QWERTZ keyboard layout
- fr represents the AZERTY keyboard layout
- en represents the QWERTY keyboard layout
Note: The en Keyboard Locale is the default keyboard layout if one is not specified.
Note: Changing the Keyboard Locale will only change the keys on the BlackBerry smartphone; however, it will not change the graphic of the BlackBerry Smartphone Simulator to indicate that the Keyboard Locale has changed.