After the latest server update of BlackBerry® World™ some vendors may see the following error message when attempting to download applications through the vendor account sandbox:
"Unable to update customer device info"
This has not been reported for any scenarios outside of sandbox downloads, so it is not expected to be customer impacting.
If using a BlackBerry® 10 device and attempting to download an application through the BlackBerry World sandbox using the following steps:
- Open BlackBerry World client on device
- From the application menu select "Settings"
- Select "Development Mode"
- Enter the content ID or SKU of the application within your vendor portal that you would like to download.
Should you receive the error "Unable to update customer device info" then please follow the steps outlined in the "Solution" section of this article to perform a workaround which should help get past this error until an update to the BlackBerry World server is released with this issue resolved.
The workaround is to make an update to the "Screen Name" associated with your BlackBerry ID. Do perform this change:
- Open the settings application
- Select "BlackBerry ID"
- Select the "Edit" action item to bring up the edit screen
- Modify your "Screen Name" then click "Back" to save
You should now be able to continue downloading through the BlackBerry World sandbox