Creating a BlackBerry® smartphone Java® application for the first time and not sure where to begin? The developer tutorials listed below will walk you through everything you need to know, step-by-step.
- Setting up Necessary Tools: This tutorial describes how to find and install the tools needed to develop Java applications for the BlackBerry platform
- Writing Your First Application: Learn how to write a basic application for BlackBerry smartphones
- How and When to Sign: This tutorial covers 3 signature methods, as well as how to get signature keys and use them to sign your application
Customizing Your Application
- User Interface: Find out how to create a basic user interface and add menu items
- Localizing (: This tutorial details how to localize your application in different languages
- Storing Persistent Data: Learn how to create, save and retrieve data on BlackBerry smartphones
- Audio and Video Playback: Learn how to play audio and video files using the Mobile Media API (JSR 135) in your application.
- Using MIDLets on BlackBerry : In this tutorial we will discuss advantages and disadvantages of creating a MIDLet application for the BlackBerry Platform, and security, signing and distribution of MIDLets.
- Network Transports : An introduction to everything you need to know on network transports, including BIS, BES, HTTP, TCP, SSL and more on BlackBerry.
Testing and Troubleshooting
- How to Debug and Optimize : Learn how to troubleshoot issues such as memory leaks and deadlocks in your BlackBerry application
Distributing Your Application
- How to Deploy and Distribute Applications : Learn how to deploy and distribute your BlackBerry application to end users